IA50 is a representative list of funds from across the impact investing ecosystem. The database is updated annually to help investors and advisers identify experienced impact investment firms. The initiative is led by ImpactAssets, an independent nonprofit originally created by Calvert Impact Capital, which increases the flow of capital into investments delivering financial, social, and environmental returns.
Inclusion in the list is not indicative of the adviser’s future performance.
For inclusion in the ImpactAssets 50, a fund manager must:
- Have 3+ years experience as a firm in the impact investing field
- Have at least $10 million in assets under management
- Operate in
- More than one country
- In a country with significant population; and/or
- In a sizable region of the United States
- Manage assets that are recoverable
- Accept US investment
- Have demonstrated financial capacity/oversight
- Demonstrate significant commitment to social impact and track clear measures of social and/or environmental impact (GIIRS rating, use IRIS metrics, or other indicators to be determined)