JOIN KAIROS TEAM
Associate Investment Manager
Kairos Investment Management Company (KIMC) is an employee-owned, entrepreneurial real estate investment firm and registered investment adviser based in Orange County, California. Since inception, Kairos and its affiliates have invested over $4.2 billion in more than 21 million square feet, including 25,000 multifamily units. The firm’s real estate experience crosses many disciplines including acquisitions, debt, asset management, property management, development, redevelopment, and distressed investing.
The Associate Investment Manager will work closely with the Investment Directors to manage a national portfolio of both affordable and market rate multifamily assets. This position is responsible for top performance to the Asset Management Team by driving value, paying attention to detail, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Assisting in the maximization of asset values and NOI, which includes understanding asset position relative to market, asset specific restraints, executing on property and portfolio specific value add strategies and implementation thereof.
- Partner with internal Operations, Finance, Construction, Investor Relations and 3rd party Property Management to prepare, execute and monitor monthly financial performance in relationship to the budgets and business plans for each property.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of local markets (competition, supply pipeline, and demand drivers).
- Review capital expenditure budgets and projects and monitor their monthly progress by acting as the liaison between Asset Management and 3rd party vendors.
- Asset Management support for the Acquisition team in conducting new property inspections, reviewing due diligence materials, and working in collaboration for final underwriting.
- Attend physical inspections as needed with the Investment Directors to develop a thorough understanding of each property, objectives, and its unique challenges.
- Assist Investment Directors with any lender and investor reporting requirements.
- Assist with any other Asset Management duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial analysis or business analytics, real estate industry required and experience in the multifamily sector is highly preferred.
- LIHTC experience preferred but not required.
- High degree of business and financial acumen.
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and accuracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in working across heavily matrixed organization which requires significant influencing and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel as necessitated.
- Ability to work in the Irvine, CA office 5 days a week.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverage.
- Holiday pay (currently observe 11 holidays per year).
- 16 days per year of paid time off.
- 401k access with company contribution matching.
The annual U.S. based wage range for this full-time position is $108,000 – $120,000. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location and experience and will take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of health & wellness benefits. For more information regarding Kairos Investment Management Company benefits, please visit https://kimc.com/careers/.